Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is today already over?!

I am shocked by how fast today flew by. It started with a mini-diaper disaster (a major one if you ask Cody). Then it went on to be a good day for Sophia. She is feeling better, and it seems as though the moment I found out she was having a "wonder week" she started nearing the end of said week. Which is good for all of us. She put herself to sleep three times today. Two times for a nap and once for bed (although that's a different story). I look at her in total amazement of what she's accomplished in her short little life. And I love knowing that there's so much to come...and this time I won't miss it. This time I'll try to make sure there are no regrets.

I said I was going to talk about 2 things. I can only remember one, and I don't feel like looking back. It was our weekend plans. We're going to the pumpkin patch this weekend! I am so excited! We waited really late, mostly because Cody wanted to do it the weekend before Halloween. I'm worried there won't be any good pumpkins, but what do either one of us know? We've never been to a pumpkin patch before. Which is exactly the reason why I want this to be a yearly tradition for us. When I was a youngin' things like pumpkin patches didn't happen. I look back at my childhood and not a lot of traditions stand out. The ones that do I cherish (for instance putting up Christmas lights listening to my dad sing along with the Christmas songs on the radio). I want my children to look back on their childhoods and be reminded of the times we did things as a family, the memories we created, the fun things they got to do and experience. Oh now I remember, I wanted to talk about the fun things I want Sophia to experience. But that will have to wait until tomorrow now. Hopefully I remember.

So for todays picture Sophia found something very funny...probably Rocky.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I so agree about the traditions. Our generation is so "fly by the seat of your pants" that it doesn't always stop to make those memories...and make them last...so kudos to you for doing that. In case I haven't told you lately, you are awesome - and I love you a ton!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails