Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's time to say goodbye....

To Sophia's old car seat that is. I honestly never would have thought that we would have only used it for four months. When we brought her home in it I thought it was too big for her. That surely she'd be using it for a year! Ok, well at least 8 or 9 months! When Sophia was born (8 pounds 4 ounces) the idea of her being almost 21 pounds seemed such a far away idea. But here we are, for months later...and here she is. Tipping the scales at almost 21 pounds of pun'kin!

Today we went to Babies R Us (whoa the crowds!) to find a new car seat. We had one in mind, good reviews, matched my car, and it had all the right criteria for us. We went there, put Sophia in it. And loved it. It actually also comes with a cup holder and a storage thing that you can put on whenever you'd like. Something we don't need yet, but that will likely come in handy in the next 8 months.

So I think the following pictures pay a proper tribute to Sophia's first car seat.

We start on June 9, 2009 when I received the package from the giving UPS man.


Then we move on to a day that makes my eyes fill with tears. The day we came home from the hospital. She has grown up so much and has developed such a personality since this day!! (August 14, 2009)


A month later she had already changed so much, but we still had no idea of how much she would grow in the next few months! (September 25, 2009)


How adorable is this picture of our little flower? We started realizing in the month of October that she wouldn't be growing at an average pace.....At 2.5 months she was in 3-6 month clothing comfortably. Basically they were just perfect, not too big as they SHOULD have been. (October 31st, 2009)


She was pretty much growing out of 3-6 month clothes at this point. So fast. If you do the math you'll see that she got about a month to a month a half of wear out of 3-6 month clothing. I dragged this stage out as long as possible...basically until her clothes started looking silly. (November 18, 2009)


And then we end with today. Her last day in the car seat. I weighed her yesterday and she was coming in between 20.5 and 21 pounds depending on how I stood on the scale with her. Since the car seat was only good up to 22 pounds....I obviously no longer felt comfortable with it. And I don't think she was very comfortable either! I wouldn't be crammed into this small seat!! (December 19. 2009)


And finally her new car seat. My big girl. I took this with my phone, so the quality isn't as great, but you can see that she's got much more room. Did I mention this new seat has memory foam?! I want my seats to all have memory foam! (December 19, 2009)



*BTW in writing this I was trying to upload my pictures from my camera and a "fall apart" occurred. My computer wouldn't read the new SD card Sophia got me. It's an SDHC (high capacity) and I guess my computer can't read this new card on it's own. I almost cried. Tears were actually in my eyes at one point think that three days worth of pictures were GONE. Thankfully a quick search on google told me this was a common problem, and that I'd need to hook my camera up to the computer using the cord in order to upload them with no issue. Huge sigh of relief.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails