Wednesday, November 11, 2009

One Fourty Five in the Morning.

Sophia has been fed, changed, and swaddled. I laid her back down in her crib and turned the soother on. The white noise was already on.

I took this lead from Cody. After her bottle and after he changes her he lays her down, and he goes back to bed. She puts herself back to sleep. I make some modifications to this because that doesn't really totally fit for ME. I talk to her for about 15 minutes. I give her kisses, and tell her how much I love her. And then I swaddle her and put her in the crib. I stand in there and tell her I love her, and then I turn on the infant soother and I walk out of the room.

I am writing this right now because I want to look back and remember this moment. I want something to remind me. She's in there cooing and talking to herself. Just a month ago I thought she was going to be this very dependent little person. But lately a very independent soul is making its way out. She still wants her Mommy when she's upset. But she is fine alone. It makes me a little sad, but it makes me proud too. She's growing up fast. But she's growing up secure. I hope she always feels comfortable enough by herself to talk and coo and smile.

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling. Instead of crying when he wakes up, Caleb wakes up talking to himself. I was happy at first, then got sad when I realized he was just fine being by himself :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails